Sunday, October 11, 2009

God for Us! One Year Anniversary

Greetings Everyone!

This month marks the one year anniversary of God for Us! a blog on Trinitarian theology.

I am grateful to all you regular readers for your interest, and I especially appreciate the kind comments you have offered. Many have found this blog helpful for their growing understanding of the goodness and unfailing love of God as revealed in Jesus Christ. I have been very encouraged to receive your emails informing me about the ways this blog has been useful to you.

In the last year, we have spent much time and effort discussing the problems in the Western doctrine of God, a rather "un-Christian" synthesis of biblical and pagan thought. We have seen how the doctrine of the Trinity was relegated to the status of a relatively minor appendix to a practical unitarian view of God developed apart from Jesus. The 20th century, however, witnessed a renaissance in Trinitarian thought, pioneered by the great Karl Barth. This renaissance continues today, and this blog is intended to play a role in the reawakening to the good news of the Father's love as revealed in Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

In that light, beginning with the next post, we will charge off in a new direction in this blog. In the months to come, I will be posting on "all things Torrance." I will be sharing with you the things I discover and learn as I probe deeply into the theology of T. F. Torrance, a modern Father of the Christian Church. I hope you will continue on this journey with me, so that we may grow together into a fuller understanding of God's unfailing love for all humanity as revealed in the incarnate Son and the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

So stay tuned! The news is good; really good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New books available from Amazon

 Greetings Everyone, I have two new books available from Amazon: 1) The Holy Spirit: Message and Mission and 2) Jesus and the Old Testament....